Welcome to our new web site!

To give our readers a chance to experience all that our new website has to offer, we have made all content freely avaiable, through October 1, 2018.

During this time, print and digital subscribers will not need to log in to view our stories or e-editions.

Overheated motor causes smoke at Vocational School

Posted
The Vocational School at the F.E. DuBose Center outside of Manning shut down for a short time on Wednesday after an overheated motor caused a lot of smoke. Clarendon Fire Chief Frances Richbourg said there was no fire, but that one of three power lines heading into the school quit working, causing the motor to work harder and, therefore, overheat. "No one was hurt, and there wasn't any significant damage," she said.  

Comments

No comments on this story | Please log in to comment by clicking here
Please log in or register to add your comment