A Thursday morning structure fire destroyed a Walker Street home, said Clarendon County Fire Department Chief Frances Richbourg, but no one was injured.
About 10 a.m., units responded to 1 Walker St., she said, finding a single wide mobile home almost fully involved with fire.
Firefighters worked for close to an hour to extinguish the blaze and protect surrounding buildings, which escaped damage.
Richbourg estimated the home sustained $15,000 in damage to the structure with $7,500 in damage to the contents. The Red Cross responded to assist the displaced family, she said.
Manning Fire Chief Mitch McElveen said his department assisted with mutual aid, and like his counterparts with the county, have been responding to numerous calls on Thursday.
“There’s been one alarm after another,” he said Thursday about 2 p.m. “We’ve been steady running.”
Richbourg and McElveen confirmed that power has been restored to many areas that lost it on Wednesday.
Richbourg also said the county responded to a call regarding carbon monoxide and urged residents to stay safe as the weather continues to wreak havoc and keep first responders busy.