Columbia, S.C. (May 3, 2022) — Midlands Gives Day, an 18-hour giving challenge powered by Central Carolina Community Foundation, is now happening and online donations can be made until 11:59 p.m. tonight at www.MidlandsGives.org. Below are giving updates and highlights. Real-time updates can be found at https://www.midlandsgives.org/leaderboard_npo or via the Community Foundation’s livestream Facebook page: www.facebook.com/CentralCarolinaCommunityFoundation.
Giving Totals* and Highlights:
- 6:30 a.m. — As of 6:30 a.m., $857,098* via 3,156* gifts has been raised. Of that amount, $847,755 was raised through early giving, which began on April 1, 2022.
*Preliminary numbers. Estimated totals will be sent out via press release later this week.
Midlands Gives Overview:
- Midlands Gives Information:
- Midlands Gives Day celebrates philanthropy in the Midlands and provides residents a chance to invest for impact by supporting local nonprofits with gifts of $10 or more. The giving challenge benefits local nonprofit organizations throughout the 11 Midlands counties served by the Community Foundation: Calhoun, Clarendon, Fairfield, Kershaw, Lee, Lexington, Newberry, Orangeburg, Richland, Saluda and Sumter Counties.
- Nearly $16 Million Raised from 2014 to 2021
- Launched in 2014, Midlands Gives provides a direct link to local nonprofit organizations, helping them amplify their impact, administer vital public services and boost the quality of life in the Midlands. Since its inception, the event has raised nearly $16 million for hundreds of local nonprofits.
- How to #InvestForImpact on Midlands Gives Day
- The Midlands Gives platform, MidlandsGives.org, is hosted through Neon One and can be accessed on a mobile device or desktop. It features a leaderboard, prize tracker and searchable profiles of all participating nonprofits. Donors can search to find their favorite causes or discover new nonprofits by browsing categories such as Black-led and Black-benefiting, animals, youth development, veterans and more. Then, donors add multiple organizations to an online “shopping cart” with donation sizes of their choice.
- One hundred percent of each contribution, less a 2.2% credit card fee and 2.8% Neon One technology fee, will go directly to the donor’s selected nonprofit. Donors have the option to cover these fees at checkout. The Foundation does not profit from any donations made during Midlands Gives.
- Your Gift Goes Further with Nearly $200,000 in Prize Incentives
- In Good Company Network members — including Dominion Energy, Aflac, BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina, Nephron Pharmaceuticals Corporation, Southeastern Freight Lines, Truist and more — are providing financial incentives, matching gifts and prizes for nonprofits on May 3. In addition, many nonprofits have secured matching gifts from generous donors throughout the community. The impact of individuals’ contributions of $10 or more will be amplified through these sponsored prize incentives and matching funds. The full list of prizes can be found at MidlandsGives.org/Prizes.
About Midlands Gives
Midlands Gives is an annual 18-hour online giving challenge and year-round giving platform for local nonprofits, powered by Central Carolina Community Foundation. This year’s event will take place virtually on May 3, 2022. For more information about Midlands Gives, visit www.MidlandsGives.org or call 803-254-5601.
About Central Carolina Community Foundation:
Central Carolina Community Foundation, the Midlands' leader in collaborative philanthropy, is a nonprofit organization serving 11 counties in the Midlands by distributing grants and scholarships and linking the resources of donors, nonprofits and area leaders to communities in need. Major initiatives include the online giving platform Midlands Gives, On the Table, Connected Communities grants, the One SC Fund and annual scholarships. For more information about the Foundation, visit www.yourfoundation.org or call 803.254.5601.
Hashtag: #MidlandsGives and #InvestforImpact