Posted by Robert Joseph Baker | November 22, 2014 9:37 amClarendon Behavioral Health Services will partner with local law enforcement from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dec. 13 for a prescription take-back campaign at its office on North Church Street. This will help dispose of unwanted and unused prescriptions and bottles safely and legally. Please black out all identifying information on bottles. No glass containers will be accepted.
Posted by Robert Joseph Baker | November 22, 2014 7:43 amDeacon Robert Lewis Jr., 69, husband of Evelyn Dorch Lewis, died on Saturday, Nov. 15, 2014, at Clarendon Memorial Hospital, Manning. He was born on July 31, 1945, in Wilmington, North Carolina, a son of the late Robert Sr. and Bertha Bellamy Lewis. He was a graduate of Finklea High School, Loris, and Morris College in Sumter. He was formerly employed as a police officer in Manning and as a Special Education teacher in New Jersey and Clarendon County School District 2. Robert was a member of Mt. Chapel Missionary Baptist Church, Manning, and served as a deacon, sang with… Read the rest
Posted by Robert Joseph Baker | November 22, 2014 7:35 amThe S.C. Highway Patrol is reporting a wreck with no injuries on Alderman Camp Road at U.S; 301. Traffic may be slower during this time.
Posted by Robert Joseph Baker | November 22, 2014 7:15 amClarendon Hall’s Lindy Brunson was named the South Carolina Independent School Association’s Coadjutor of the Year at the SCISA Headmaster’s conference on November 6. The annual meeting was held at Thomas Sumter Academy. “Miss” Lindy, as she is affectionately known by her peers and students, has been an integral part of Clarendon Hall for 43 of its 49 years. Brunson is a graduate of Summerton High School and Winthrop College. She began her teaching career at Edmunds High School in Sumter, and came to Clarendon Hall in 1971 and found herself at home as a Saint. Brunson exhibits the definition… Read the rest
Posted by Robert Joseph Baker | November 22, 2014 7:09 amMilton Dow, 70, died Thursday, Nov. 20, 2014, at Tuomey Regional Medical Center, Sumter. He was born Oct. 6, 1944, in Clarendon County, a son of Elliott and Mamie Gipson Dow. Family is receiving friends at the home of his nephew and his wife J.W. (Dorothy) Walters, 309 Pinckney St., Sumter. These services have been entrusted to Samuels Funeral Home LLC, Manning.
Posted by Robert Joseph Baker | November 21, 2014 8:40 pmThe Manning Times wishes T.C. Allen a happy birthday.
Posted by Robert Joseph Baker | November 21, 2014 7:46 pmThe Manning Times wishes Ron and Alice Jordan a happy anniversary!
Posted by Ted E. Spencer | November 21, 2014 6:18 pmRead the rest
Posted by Robert Joseph Baker | November 21, 2014 4:59 pmPatricia McFadden-Moyd wishes Gwendolyn McFadden a happy birthday!
Posted by Robert Joseph Baker | November 21, 2014 4:57 pmA jury in Beaufort County took about 40 minutes Thursday to decide that a Manning man was not guilty of criminal solicitation of a minor and attempted dissemination of obscene materials to a minor. William Mathis Ardis, 31, was arrested March 11, 2010, during an undercover Internet sting by the state Attorney General’s Office. Warrants alleged Ardis had solicited sex on the Internet from an individual he believed to be a minor girl in January 2010. He was communicating with an undercover investigator with the Internet Crimes Task Force. He faced up to 10 years each for both counts, along… Read the rest
Posted by Staff Reports | November 21, 2014 4:47 pmRead the rest
Posted by Robert Joseph Baker | November 21, 2014 3:55 pmThe Clarendon County Sheriff’s Office announced about 3:45 p.m. Friday that a 15-year-old boy who ran away from home Saturday has been found. Maj. Kipp Coker said Christopher Shadd was found by the sheriff’s office’s tracking team in the Rowland subdivision.
Posted by Staff (Office) | November 21, 2014 2:42 pmClarendon County dispatch is reporting a four-vehicle wreck on Raccoon Road in front of Manning Early Childhood Center. Dispatchers say there are injuries, but have not said the extent.
Posted by Staff Reports | November 21, 2014 2:27 pm
Posted by Robert Joseph Baker | November 21, 2014 12:18 pmAaron Boatwright and Jamie Land were recognized Friday by the Sumter Touchdown Club. Aaron received the Lineman of the Year Award and Jamie received the Scholar Athlete of the Year Award. Both students are seniors an play football for Maning High School.
Posted by Staff Reports | November 21, 2014 11:19 amRead the rest
Posted by Staff (Office) | November 21, 2014 11:12 am
Posted by Staff Reports | November 21, 2014 9:40 amMuch warmer today; some weekend rain in the forecast. It’s currently 50 degrees with 48 percent humidity and winds out of the north at 6 mph, according to the National Weather Service. Today’s high is near 59 as winds shift to the northeast and pick up speed, reaching 11 mph. Tonight should be clear with a low around 28. Saturday should be like today, with a high of 59, but with a 20 percent chance of evening rain. The low is expected to be 42. Sunday’s high is near 66; an 80 percent chance of showers has been forecast. The
Posted by Robert Joseph Baker | November 21, 2014 7:31 am
Posted by Leigh Ann Maynard | November 20, 2014 10:02 pm