Stroke Awareness Community Education Session
by Samantha Lynn | October 9, 2019 12:12 pm
Last Updated: October 9, 2019 at 4:43 pm
From: Central Carolina Technical College Public Relations Department
* Name of event: Stroke Awareness Community Education Session
* Date/Time: Monday, October 14, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
* Place: Presented through CONNECT classrooms at the following CCTC campuses:
* Main Campus, 506 N. Guignard Drive, Sumter, Building M400, Room M411
* Health Sciences Center, 133 S. Main Street, Sumter, Room H157
* F.E. DuBose Career Center, 3351 Sumter Highway, Manning, Room C197
* Kershaw County Campus, 90 Campus Drive, Camden, Room K105
* About: Join Central Carolina Technical College and McLeod Health Clarendon as they present information on stroke awareness. Topics include: effects of obesity, hypertension and diabetes related to stroke; identifying signs and symptoms of stroke; and current treatment options available in the rural community. Presenters are Sherry M. Stewart, RN, Survey Readiness/Stroke Coordinator McLeod Health Clarendon and Cathy Mulloy, RN, MSN, ANP-BC, Nursing Instructor Central Carolina Technical College. This event is free and open to the public. For more information contact Mary Jo Ardis at 803-778-7828.