Gas prices in Manning too high

by | June 29, 2018 5:15 pm

It is time for Manning to do something about the gas prices. Manning is 30 cents a gallon higher than surrounding towns, including Turbeville. It can’t be blamed on suppliers, as Murphy at Walmart has their own, so this leads for people to think we are being gouged. Enough is enough.

KEN THAMES

New Zion

1. Comment by Ruthe Lambert

June 29, 2018 at 18:10

Is it because lots of vacationers are traveling I-I95 and and also Manning is a thruway for beach traffic. It looks like scalping to me.
    I’ll go to Sumter for gas and maybe while I’m over there I’ll also do my grocery shopping and go out to eat before I come back to Manning.

2. Comment by Moye Graham

June 29, 2018 at 18:56

The City of Manning has nothing to do with Gas Prices. If you think you are being gouged report it to the SC Attorney General office. I very seldom buy gas in Manning because of the high prices myself. I would say we do have some of the highest prices around but it will have to be a lot higher before it is gouging.

3. Comment by Mandy Davis

July 2, 2018 at 11:34

As mentioned before, the local oil companies have agreed to keep the prices higher so that “we can all make money”. I’ve decided I will not buy gas in Clarendon County until they come down to reasonable prices. Went to Sumter yesterday and paid only $2.42.

4. Comment by Big Love

July 2, 2018 at 13:48

Even the gas at Young’s in Pinewood is cheaper at $2.49 a gallon

5. Comment by Tim Hinson

July 2, 2018 at 21:12

I agree the gas prices in Manning are much to high. For some time now, Manning gas prices have consistently been 12 to 15 cents per gallon higher than surrounding communities. Most recently, it has been up to 30 cents per gallon higher. It is absolutely ridiculous and amounts to nothing more than the fleecing of area citizens. I have contacted local television stations and newspapers asking for an investigative story to be done. I have also contacted the State Attorney General’s Office, all to no avail. I WILL NOT buy gas in Manning. Period.

6. Comment by Krista Picciotti-McClary

July 9, 2018 at 08:59

I have 2 jobs, one in Sumter and the other in Kingstree. Gas is at least 40-50 cents cheaper in BOTH those cities then they are in Manning! It’s ridiculous!! If I need gas before work, I put just $5 in and fill up out of town, something needs to be done. I was in Charleston recently and got gas for $2.09, this is out of control, and hopefully the Attorney General’s Office is going to look into it!