At least 16 wrecks currently being worked in Clarendon; residents should remain off roads
by Robert Joseph Baker | January 3, 2018 5:13 pm
Last Updated: January 4, 2018 at 2:04 am
The S.C. Highway Patrol is currently reporting multiple vehicle wrecks throughout Clarendon County due to inclement weather. Fifteen of 16 reported vehicle wrecks are listed as “no injury” by the agency on it’s Real Time Traffic Information Database.
One noted with injuries denotes EMS is en route. The wreck happened at 4:47 p.m. at the 127 southbound mile-marker on Interstate 95. The other wrecks are at the following locations:
* 102 norhtbound mile-marker on Interstate 95;
* 106 southbound mile-marker on Interstate 95;
* 106 northbound mile-marker on Interstate 95.
* Paxville Highway and A.M. Nash Road in Manning.21 Sumter HIghway (U.S. 521) in Alcolu.
* U.S. 301 at U.S. 521 (Also listed as a hit and run);
* 123 southbound mile marker on Interstate 95 (roadway blocked);
* 107 southbound mile marker on Intetrstate 95;
* S.C. 527 and Interstate 95;
* 126 southbound mile-marker on Interstate 95;
* 108 southbound mile-marker on Interatate 95;
* 119 southbound mile marker on Interstate 95;
* 127 southbound mile-marker on Interstate 95 (two wrecks at this location listed);
* U.S. 521 at Interstate 95 in Alcolu;
* Intersection of Hicks and Jakes roads.
Likewise, ice and snow has been reported in the roadway at S.C. 261 and Interstate 95 (Exit 119 in Manning). The roadway is listed as blocked in that area due to first rs ponders assisting a motorist.
Manning Police Chief Blair Shaffer has encouraged residents to stay home unless they absolutely have and emergency.