Cary Michael Lee Jr.

by | February 21, 2017 3:49 pm

Cary Michael Lee Jr., 27, died Monday, Feb. 20, 2017, at Palmetto Health Tuomey in Sumter.
Born Nov. 23, 1989, in Sumter, he was the beloved son of Cary Michael Lee Sr. and Gwen Hill Lee. He was the co-owner of Lee Plumbing Company, a 2007 graduate of Laurence Manning Academy and he was an avid outdoorsman and hunter. He never met a stranger and was loved by all he met. He was a member of Clarendon Baptist Church.
Survivors besides his parents of Manning include two sisters, Courtney McFaddin (George) of Simpsonville and Whitney Welch (Jonathan) of Alcolu; his paternal grandparents, Curtis and Mary Frances Lee of Manning; his maternal grandmother, Frances Hill of Manning; a beloved niece, Carly McFaddin; a beloved nephew, Weston McFaddin; and many loving aunts, uncles and cousins.
He was preceded in death by his maternal grandfather, Marion T. Hill.
A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 23, 2017, in the chapel of Stephens Funeral Home, with the Rev. Dr. Norman Rogers and the Rev. Ryan Linkous (first cousin) officiating. Burial will follow in Trinity Cemetery in Alcolu.
Pallbearers will include Curt Lee, Derek Lee, Jay Morris, Mason Lee, Taylor Lee, Tilton McCrea and Hank Thompson.
Visitation will be held from 5-7 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 22, 2017, at Stephens Funeral Home, and at other times at the home, 1536 Loblolly Drive in Manning.
Memorials may be made to the American Cancer Society, 128 Stonemark Lane, Columbia, SC 29210; or to the American Heart Association, 520 Gervais St., Suite 300, Columbia, SC 29201.
Stephens Funeral Home and Crematory, 304 N. Church St. in Manning, is in charge of arrangements, (803) 435-2179. www.stephensfuneralhome.org

1. Comment by Johnny Odom

February 21, 2017 at 16:09

RIP Cary. Gwen and Mike you are in my prayers.

2. Comment by Darlene Hebert

February 21, 2017 at 16:32

I am praying for your family.

3. Comment by Alicia Lebron Flowers

February 21, 2017 at 16:38

May god be with the family through out this time . I was blessed to have had you as a friend Cary go rest high on that mountain .

4. Comment by Tori Stewart

February 21, 2017 at 17:34

My heart breaks for your family and we are praying for all of you…..We at Brown-Watson, Inc. were blessed to have got a chance to meet and talk/work with Cary – as he truly was an amazing young man with a beautiful smile…..We love you all and are here for you.

5. Comment by April J Benton

February 21, 2017 at 19:14

So sorry to hear about Cary. He was sweet and kind to everyone. He will surely be missed so many.

6. Comment by Elaine Stevens

February 21, 2017 at 19:50

Mike and Gwen, so sorry to hear about your loss. Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

7. Comment by Maureen Fitzgerald

February 21, 2017 at 20:51

Mike and Gwen, I am so sorry to hear about this. I will be praying for peace and strength during this time.

8. Comment by Moye Graham

February 21, 2017 at 20:54

Prayers for the family.

9. Comment by Todd R Miles

February 21, 2017 at 21:01

So sorry to hear this. I knew him through work and he was always professional and kind. I will be praying for peace and strength for his family.

10. Comment by Beth Hinds Calhoun

February 21, 2017 at 22:06

Mike -My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family at this time. Please know the love of the Class of ’78 is with you.

11. Comment by Gayle Burke

February 22, 2017 at 06:31

Mike and Gwen, I am so very sorry. Praying for God’s peace and love to surround you today and always.

12. Comment by Joseph Stukes

February 22, 2017 at 08:06

Prayers sent!

13. Comment by Britt scott

February 22, 2017 at 08:40

To the whole Lee family gods embrace and my prayers love you Cary Lee

14. Comment by Sam & Jan Harvin

February 22, 2017 at 08:59

Praying for peace and comfort for your entire family in the days and weeks ahead. We are so very sorry for your loss.

15. Comment by Barbara Shumpert

February 22, 2017 at 09:54

I am away and have been out of range for internet and am just seeing. I have no words my heart is breaking. He was always so sweet. My heart breaks for Mike, Gwen, Courtney and Whitney.
    Barbara Shumpert

16. Comment by Eunice Beard

February 22, 2017 at 19:59

So sad to hear about your Son’s passing. May Gods love help you get through this most difficult time. I went to Columbia College with Kathy Lee. So sorry for your loss.

17. Comment by Eunice Beard

February 22, 2017 at 20:01

So sad to hear about your Son’s passing. May Gods love help you get through this difficult time. I am friends with Kathy and Gary. So sorry for your loss.

18. Comment by Nicole Miller

February 22, 2017 at 22:00

I am so very sorry for your loss.
    My prayers are with you guys

19. Comment by Linda Burress Joyce

February 22, 2017 at 23:44

Thoughts and prayers are with the family.

20. Comment by Bert DuRant

February 23, 2017 at 21:31

Mike and Gwen, I am so sorry about your son. My condolences to the entire Lee and Hill families!

21. Comment by Catherine Moore

February 24, 2017 at 17:16

I have been thinking about your family this week . So sorry to hear of your loss. Will keep ya’ll in my prayers

;