; Juvenile on house arrest after alleged bomb threat

Juvenile on house arrest after alleged bomb threat

by | March 21, 2014 10:16 am

Last Updated: March 21, 2014 at 11:17 am

The Clarendon County Sheriff’s Office says it has the person responsible for calling in a bomb threat to Manning Junior High School two weeks ago.

A 14-year-old boy was arrested on March 12 after Farmer’s Telephone traced the call to the boy’s home. The threat was called in about 12:10 p.m. March 7 to a school secretary, who told deputies that someone advised her in a “very soft voice that they were calling about a bomb threat.”

School Resource Officer Freddie Huth then had faculty move the students to Manning High School. Clarendon School District 2 Superintendent John Tindal said the incident took about two hours out of the school day.

The boy appeared in Sumter County Family Court last week and was put under strict house arrest. He was initially taken to the Department of Juvenile Justice in Columbia after his arrest.

No comments

Trackbacks

  1. Bomb threat at MJHS - Manning Live

The comments are closed.

© Copyright 2019 | Manning Live